JezA;615377 Wrote:
> The HDTracks Rolling Stones material comes from DSD remasters done
> around 2002 by ABCKO and Bob Ludwig which were then released on dual
> format CD/SACD.
>
> "Many years of research went into locating the original mono and stereo
> analog tapes that would be used in ABKCO's Rolling Stones Remastered
> Series. That research revealed a treasure trove of first generation
> tapes - true stereo masters from The Stones' 1964 Chess Studios
> sessions including the unedited version of "2120 South Michigan
> Avenue," Beggar's Banquet at its correct speed and Let It Bleed with
> splicing that indicates that the original intention was to leave little
> spacing between each cut.
>
> For the analog to digital transfers, vintage reel-to-reel tape machines
> were utilized - a modified Ampex 351 with original tube electronics
> (full track mono and two track stereo) and an Ampex ATR-102 modified
> with Aria Discrete Class-A Electronics (full track mono and two track
> stereo). A Sonoma DSD digital audio workstation was the chosen high
> resolution format and Meitner Design ADC8 and DAC8 MKlV converters were
> used for the conversion process. Cables used were the cryogenically
> frozen type supplied to us by Gus Skinas of Super Audio Center. Gus
> also provided much guidance to Jody Klein, Steve Rosenthal and myself
> for our first time use of DSD technology. For this HD Tracks release,
> the Bob Ludwig mastered DSD files were converted to both 176.4kHz and
> 88.2kHz high resolution PCM with Weiss Saracon conversion software."
>
> - Teri Landi, Archivist and Engineer, ABKCO Music & Records

Yeah, exactly.
That's what I meant above..
It is like recompressing JPEG into PNG

I know Saracon software, no more difficult to operate then FLAC and
much simpler than Sox ;-)

176/24 is pure marketing scam in this case, do not buy it

High chances that SACD on the same Meitner's EMM player will sound
superior..

--
michael123

Big 'thank you' to AndyG for fixing #15209, #15693, #16442, #16760
:)