bits;617578 Wrote:
> Why do it? The ethernet port on your transporter is only capable of
> 100mbit/sec, standard cat5 was capable of that over a 100m run.
>
> Would you replace the perfectly capable and fine power lead on your
> kettle for $10?Well, if I were in the process of networking my home and
> forked out for
a roll of CAT6 or 7 I'd use it rather than specially go and buy a 5
cable just for the transporter.  You could also connect the cable to a
switch and the Transporter to the switch, thereby allowing you to
exploit the additional speed on for other applications e.g. moving data
across the network.

--
audiomuze

*'Linux finally gets a great audio tagger'
(http://www.ubuntugeek.com/linux-finally-gets-a-great-audio-tagger.html):
'puddletag' (http://puddletag.sourceforge.net/)*