But as ever, there is an interesting question at the heart of this... I
have sOme old QED 79 strand cable. I have been wondering for some time
whether this needs upgrading, or whether the lengths can be different
(currently the same length, but one sPeaker much closed to the amp) or
whether I should bi wire. Or is the whole speaker cable debate a red
herring? I know there's no right answer, but I wish there was!

--
JonWill

Main system: SB Touch, Arcam A85, Mission 733i speakers
SB Classic into old JVC microsystem (next thing on list to upgrade!)
SB Boom, Logitech Z4 subwoofer
SB Radio
SB Server 7.5.1 (SSODS4) running on a Synology DS210J NAS
iPeng on iPhone 3GS