On 28/03/11 14:33, adamdea wrote:
> In principle it seems to me
> that a Very Clever Programmer could possibly work out a way of tricking
> SBS into using the ability to stream different signals to 2 different
> devices to produce a woofer and tweeter   stream. Then all you would
> need for a 2 way speaker would be 2 squeezeboxes and 2 amps.
> Would any VCPs care to comment?

The problem you have with that idea is that each stream would have to be
synchronised, ie. played back at exactly the same time. I may be wrong,
but I don't think that would be possible.

That is an interesting idea for a niche SB product though - a SB with 2
or more DACs. Maybe modular, with the firmware that does the filtering
in the digital domain.

Interesting...

Probably best with a separate digital x-over though, fed from a SB SPDIF
output.

R.
--
"Feed that ego and you starve the soul" - Colonel J.D. Wilkes
http://www.theshackshakers.com/