Phil Leigh;621475 Wrote:
> I agree up to a point - hence I have sold my Tact and use Inguz
> instead!.
>
> However, as for the active speaker thing...
>
> I'd need three dac's just for my main left/right speakers (plus amps of
> course!) - never mind my sub, center and rears all of which are
> active...
>
> I'd also need 6 (!) synchronised transports for the 5.1 stream (4 for
> just stereo+sub)...
>
> Can't help thinking this isn't going to be cheaper - the active
> crossover cards for my amps were £200 each = £1,200 vs 6 transports and
> 6 dacs...
>
> Now, you could avoid the dac's by using digital amps such as Tact... or
> go the Meridian route using speakers with inbuilt amps/dacs...
Sorry Phil- what I meant was how would one go about doing this in 2
channel only. I wasn;t meaning to suggest that you should change your
system- I was just trying to work out whether there was a way of doing
all this server side -ie without having to buy the behringer or some
other digtial crossover. I spose what i had in mind was a scheme which
might enable someone to buy *relatively* inexpensive power amps and
x-overless speakers and let the PC do most of the work doing DRC and
x-over correction with decent but not uber pricey dacs.

--
adamdea