tank121;630883 Wrote:
> OK it's kingspan with 2x12.5 plasterboard with the green glue sandwiched
> in between it for the outer long wall (edge on the border with neighbors
> garden) and it the wall that connects with the kitchen.
>
> The existing fire door is going to replace the door that leads to the
> garden (storage area)(more secure).
>
> What kind of door should I consider from the living area to the kitchen
> ?
>
> Should I consider some kind of acoustic treatment on the stud wall or
> any of other walls ? Saw some very expensive sound panels at the Sound
> & Vision show (£400).
>

> Any cheaper alternatives that are pictures ?
>
> 10 downlighters 8 down each side and 2 central interdependently
> controlled by a 3 gang dimmer switch.
>
> PS It's great being a project manager and not getting paid for it
> whilst trying to maintain a full time job in IT. Along side organising
> a 80's reunion at my Folk Centre for 130 people. It was where I was
> introduced to music as a teenager before I started going to the
> Hacienda. I was one of the first people to here a demo tape of the
> Stone Roses as my friend is John Squires cousin!
>

> PS

I would get a solid wood door - some from Distinctive Doors maybe?
http://www.distinctivedoors.co.uk/

Superb quality - I have them throughout the ground floor.

DO NOT SPEND ANY MONEY ON ACOUSTIC TREATMENTS... wait until the
speakers are in

Are you running SBS on a PC?

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103
- full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5),
Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber
8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.