tank121;631401 Wrote:
> Wife wants the dining room table right smack bang in the middle of the
> room.
>
> If the speakers are on the stud wall about 5ft up would this work ?
>
> Our seating position for listening would be at the far end next to the
> window.
>
> Would the sound clear over the top of the table ? Somehow I doubt it!
>

> My plan have the table at the end nearest to the window, then 2 seats
> can be positioned 7ft away from the speakers which will be the distance
> between them. In this case the speakers will be mout about 4ft from the
> floor.
>
> Your opinions please.
For serious listening, you would need to put a covering over the table
(even a thick tablecloth would do... maybe with a thermal protector
blanket underneath)
Otherwise you are going to get a nice acoustic reflection from the
tabletop.

However, I suspect your wife's intention is to have the bare tabletop
exposed when not eating...

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103
- full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5),
Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber
8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.