Deaf Cat;634320 Wrote:
> :-) my diy skills would probably streach to replacing like valued
> components with upgraded like valued components, and was thinking a
> passive crossover should be pretty simple...
>
> Swaying towards the active, I mentioned it in passing to the guy who
> fixed my pre/pro, he thinks he would be able to get some Linn active
> cards in the space, in the case of my pre/pro as I am missing the 7.1
> and bypass cards.  No extra boxes which is a big plus, and he would do
> the solderig etc. and he would set it all up with me watching :-) more
> likely to work if someone else does it!
>
> Not the cheapest of options but sounds favorite to me at the moment...
>
> Will more than likely have to save up for a year or two though :-(
> As opposed to the cheep DCX, hmmmm may get impatient on the journey.
>
> :-)

If you are going the active route, I would suggest miniDSP. I already
played with DCX2496 and its a good option. I takes Digital input so no
loss their and it'll be one D to A conversion i.e. in DCX.

I also should warn you that it is addictive and fun but getting it
right and settling down on a sound is very difficult. It is endless
tweaking, because you are drawn into making every recording sound right
that gets to infinitum.

--
MediaCenter

Source Device: Transporter
Amplifiers: Tri-Amped NAD C272 x 3
Speakers: x-Statik Passive Crossover Removed
Crossover: Active MiniDSP x 2 (3 Way)
Pre-amplifier: NAD C162
Room Correction applied using REW