I've recently upgraded my speakers in the lounge and I've been doing a
bit of reading in this forum.

I'm a bit bemused by all the talk of blind tests and AB testing.

I know that a blue power cord doesn't make any physical difference to
the sound of my hifi. However, if I play my music with the normal black
power cord and then with a blue power cord and I think it sounds better
with the second option, then surely I should go for a blue power cord.
Why do this test just listening to the music. Even if I usually listen
to music with my eyes closed, I'm still going to know that it's playing
via my lovely blue power cord.

It seems to me a bit like headache tablets. If I take two identical
tablets and test them, the test results will show no significant
difference. If I put one of them in a nicely designed box, with a well
advertised brand name, and a "reassuringly high" price that tablet will
work better. Not be perceived to work better - it will physically work
better.

If I do a blind test of two cables, they might sound the same to me. If
I am allowed to see the cables and know how much they cost, one may
sound better. I may enjoy my music more with that cable in place.

Is this an age old argument? Sorry but as a engineer I can't see the
point in the AB tests. It seems to be proving a purely hypothetical
situation.

M.

(PS: If anybody wants to buy one of the aforementioned EmPower Blue
power leads, just get in touch. "They sounds gert lush" - T. Banner)

--
InTheBath