Toy Maker;637606 Wrote:
> Most if not ALL of the 15+ systems that will be at the fest are In the
> $10,000+ range...  ours fall into the $50,000 range. Not sure what $300
> units you are talking about...
Probably the $300 Sennheiser headphones you mention in the first post
on the Carver forums.

Toy Maker;637606 Wrote:
> I recently learned that EAC wav files are 100% uncompressed, as perfect
> to the original CD track as possible. So FLAC files are out too. I can
> make FLAC files using EAC as well... We could A-B test wav vs FLAC for
> a 2nd test. But we will have enough on our plate already I think.
All wav files are uncompressed, not only "EAC wav files". And the
compression in all FLAC files is _lossless_ (that's what the L stands
for in FLAC), and therefore as equally perfect to the original CD track
as wav.

Toy Maker;637606 Wrote:
> We came to the conclusion, that there will be (2) parts to the test.
> 1) Can you hear a difference between the 2 sources...  and Tom will
> have to document what cues he hears in each recording, that don't match
> up.
> 2) Which of the 2 "sounds better, and why"  test-2 will only have to be
> done if test-1 is NOT NULL.
> <snip>
> The perfect outcome in my opinion would be in test-1, that there is no
> difference, and we never even go on to test-2
> I hope the outcome IS null, that they DO sound the same. THAT IS THE
> TEST.
I don't see how you're going to do the statistics on that test. Part 1
sounds like it would be much better to do it as an ABX test, which
would provide more conclusive results than Tom saying "I hear these
differences". I understand that Tom won't know which source is A and
which source is B, but will he know when you are switching them?

--
aubuti