magiccarpetride;643336 Wrote:
> I am at a loss how could anyone claim that changing the PSU could make
> anything sound different. Can you provide any measurements in support
> of your outrageous claims?
One feasible mechanism could be the PSU spraying airborne RFI all over
the place and interfering with the DAC's and/or preamp's analogue
circuitry. Or, if the SPDIF connection is electrical, then perhaps
noise from the PSU breaking through on the ground plane into the DAC.
(Or, of course, the converse of this: the old PSU having these problems
and the new one not).

I'd put money on the audiophile's favourite bogeyman (jitter) NOT being
the culprit.

--
cliveb

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A