computerman;651693 Wrote:
> Good point, well presented! Hadn't considered that; I'll look for more
> info, but from the owner's manual it doesn't seem to suggest that this
> would be the case. I'll see if I can find a detailed schematic.
>
> Will look at the Bluejeans site a bit more - seen a few references to
> them in my searching!
>
> Thanks for the input (pun intended!)

A quick look at the specs does make me think this thing has a built in
DAC. Now it may be that there is an option to allow pass through of
analog without being touched by the built in DAC.  But you need to
investigate here....It wouldn't be nice to take the nice analog out
from the Transporter DAC and then feed that into an A/D stage to
convert to digital then back to D/A with the pioneer unit.   And if you
use digital out from the transporter to feed the DAC of the pioneer then
this kind of kills the benefit of the Transporter (could have used a
TOUCH instead for a lot less money).

I like my transporter (but I also like my Touch feeding a Benchmark DAC
I as well). But again, you just want to know what's happening with your
signal....Enjoy!

--
garym