I just feel sorry for the fools who believe this sort of drivel. Anyone
with even a passing knowledge of how computers work should howl with
laughter at some of this stuff.
...and yes as you say, this is ALL about making money ("a fool and his
money are easily parted").

Here's the opposite (and to them, intolerable/unthinkable)
perspective:

"Leaving aside the question of induced noise from the transport
interfering with the DAC's ability to accurately recover/track the
clock - and that is an effect which will vary wildly from to DAC to DAC
- there is NOTHING that a correctly functioning tcp-linked transport
(which is essentially a computer) can do to alter the sound because it
WILL BEHAVE LIKE A COMPUTER and produce 100% correct results every
time, just like any other computer".

The danger with all of this is that - just occasionally - someone is
going to find something connected to the noise/jitter issue that DOES
improve (or at least change) the sound and we need to identify those
very rare finds.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103
- full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5),
Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber
8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.