Ha. That explains it. I only use it for ripping and cataloguing, which I find
very good, and even then not using stuff any outside the iTunes folder
structure (except that I don't put its music where it tells me to but in an
external disk). I'm just by chance not using most of the stuff you hate. I
haven't even synced my own iPod in an eternity (although the family ones get
regular treatment, poor things, like dosing for worms).

As for the coding side - I may have worked in an IBM lab once upon a very
distant time, but that is, alas, something of which I am completely ignorant.
It doesn't entirely surprise me, given the rest of what you say, especially the
hanging and crashing (which it used not to do many aeons ago, unless the rosy
specs are on again).

Thanks. Now I know what to avoid with it.