Jacky;672389 Wrote:
> Thanx,
> Found Soundcheck 2.0 for downloading, but no describtion anymore: can
> you provide me with any instructions, please?
> Never did such a mod before...
>
> Reagrds

Sure,

1. Open Squeezebox Server in Firefox.
2. Open Settings/Advanced
3. Select "File Types" from the pull down menu in the upper left
corner
4. Look for "FLAC" in the first column. It is configured FLAC "native"
by default.
Switch to "disabled"
5. The PCM field should show "flac", if not change it.
6. The same you could do for all other formats where a field "PCM"
exists. Switch all fields to "disable" except PCM. ( .wav and Apple
lossless in
particular!!)
7. Now you push "Apply" at the bottom right hand side of that settings
dialog.
8. Restart the Squeezebox Server respectively the PC.
Open the setting menu on the Touch:

1. Audio settings
Crossfade: none
Volumeadjustment: No volume adjustment
SoundEffects: None
Volume: 100%

2. Brightness
Brightness Control: Manual Brightness

3. Screen
Screensaver: When playing/stopped/off: Screen Off

Networking: Here you select: Connect to ethernet network
Remote Login: Enable ssh
Get Winscp & start it.
1. Enter the Touch IP address  in the "Hostname" field.
2. As user you enter "root", as password you enter "1234"
3. As protocol you select "SCP"
4. Press "Login" and confirm the pop-up (ssh key generation) with
yes.
Copy the toolbox 2.0 (Windows)
Within WinScp you'll see the local and the remote directory structure
side by side.
On the PC side change to the directory where you've stored your
downloaded touchtoolbox2.0.tar file.
On the Touch side (right)  you switch from default directory  "/root" (
this is where you end up after logging in to the Touch) one layer up -
to the "/" directory.  Just double-click on the single folder icon
you'll see on the right side  to go one level up.
Now Drag and Drop the touchtoolbox2.0 file into that "/" directory .
Unpack the tar-archive (Windows)
Open a terminal within WinScp - type:
CTRL-T
A terminal window opens. Now you enter into the upper command line
field,
or better do a copy/paste:
tar xvf  touchtoolbox2.0.tar
The archive gets unpacked. All files are distributed to the respective
directories with correct permissions.
Initialize the Toolbox
Just type in the terminal commandline:
ttinit and execute
The toolbox will now get initialized. The system will reboot
immediately afterwards.
Check the status of the toolbox by typing
ttstat in the command line.
Modify the buffer by typing
ttbuffer 4000 in the command line and execute.
The system will now reboot.
You can choose values between 3600us and 20000us. 20000 is the Touch
default
Run ttstat to see if the change is active
For activating the digital output only, type:
ttout -d
For analog out only
ttout -a
For usb out only
ttout -u
For default status - all outputs on and plugin mode in place
ttout -n
The system will reboot automatically after that modification. Run
ttstat to see if the change is active.
To enable WLAN modification enter
tt --wlan in the command linre and excecute
The system will reboot automatically. To reactivate Wlan run the same
command again.
Screen-Off modification
With this modification you will disable the screen on the fly.
This will have a bigger impact then just applying the screen-off
screensaver.
As a temporary solution you run  the Touch commandline :
ttscreen
To reactivate the screen you need to run a reboot or power reset.
If you don't want use the screen at all, you can make that modification
permanent, by typing
tt --screen

There is also a 100% volume mod that I find works well.

I'm not sure if its still availabkle for download though.

Hope this helps

--
Midnight