First of all, sorry for my bad English.
I just want to share some of my impressions regarding SPDIF & jive_alsa
value settings:
By moving back & forward of those, I settled finaly to
SPDIF 45 & jive_alsa 45 for best musical balance and coherence over the
whole frequency spectrum.
Suggested jive_alsa 55 by many of you sounds too soft, especially in
the bass region while in the other hand improves some "airy" which I
found
a little strange, soft and less correct for my set-up.
SPDIF below 45 goes to the dark side, while over it starts to sound
thin by loosing gradually bass the more you higher this value.
Bass becomes more contour by switching back to jive_alsa 45 and also
the treble (hi-hats,...) are more defined.

This my impressions on those settings and may be others for any
tasting.

Regards
Jacky / Vienna.

--