magiccarpetride;674768 Wrote:
> Yesterday I've forked all my media to a brand new Mac Mini server,
> beefed up to the max (maximum processing power, maximum RAM, etc.) This
> headless Mini is delegated as my media server, and won't be doing
> anything else. I've installed the latest Squeezebox media server,
> configured it following Soundcheck's instructions to the letter, and am
> now enjoying an even more stable sound. I would say that investing in a
> dedicated media box is the way to go. More air, more details, less
> jittery, more relaxed, authoritative sound.
>
> My question: are there any tweaks (similar to the Wintel's Fidelizer)
> to be applied to the Mac Mini in order to maximize its music serving
> potential? I am now hell bent on turning my Mini via Touch with TT3.0
> into a dream digital transport machine. Any suggestions on how to do
> some further tweaking would be welcome.

Tuning your powerful server won't make much difference unless you
believe the less it does creates less noise/crap on the Ethernet
network.  If that is the case you might be better off, putting a
quality dedicated wireless bridge in place to physically disconnect the
touch from your Ethernet network.

Changing priorities and reducing processes on the server that isn't
strained in the least bit won't make the 1s and 0s more or less
correct.

.02

--
Jeff Flowerday