sc53;678767 Wrote:
> Yeah but that doesn't allow for a CD player (unless you unplug the Touch
> and plug in the CD player). If you need two inputs, you need some kind
> of amp with at least that many. AudioEngine speakers are cool but only
> one set of inputs!

The AudioEngine A5 has two mini-jack inputs (one on top, one at the
back), and the A5+ has a also two inputs, a mini-jack and a RCA. That's
actually one of the main reason I picked the A5 over many other
speakers, the other is the auto-shutdown (speaker power off when there
is no sound).

ob_kook;678749 Wrote:

> SB Touch plus powered speakers. Maybe Audioengine A5.

That's exactly my setup, a Touch ($250), a portable USB drive ($100)
and the AudioEngine A5 ($350). I would never claim it's audiophile, but
it sounds really good to my ear. I like that it does the job, it's low
power and minimalistic. I personally use the built-in server of the
Touch, For your budget, you could add a dedicated server like a
SqueezePlug.

Regards,

Jean

--