Jacky;680570 Wrote:
> Exactly it is the left channel: advice will obey and Buffer will worth
> increase.
> What have you set around to avoid this imbalance there?
> Ill try with 4000 us.
>
> Jacky

Jacky: I don't have a solution yet. To be honest, mostly I've been
listening around the "burr" I hear in some aspects of the left channel
higher frequencies. I am planning to look into it more after tomorrow.

But last night I did play with the buffer size a bit. One setting was
5000 and that was MUCH worse than 4000. Which confused me, and I wasn't
in a mindset to play with it much more as I wanted to listen to
music...

I should say that I can hear this little left hf burr even with plain
ol' TT3.0 and all its default settings. Including TT3.0 with buffer
size up to 4000, so it's not like it's unique to SBGK's configs or
their variations.

magiccarpetride:  I have neither Shakti stones (always wanted to try
one) nor a Venom 3 PC (want to get one) and I can assure you the "new"
sound you're hearing is not primarily because of adding them to the
mix. There is a very large diff between plain TT3.0 and SBGK, it is not
something you have to listen attentively for, more like face-smackingly
different... Do me/us a favor and listen very carefully to that left
channel. Like with soundstage, Maggies can sometimes exaggerate
shortcomings. So it might be that re the grit I'm hearing, it may be
quite minor but is being magnified (by the speaker or my mind...).
Anyway, more ears is always good.

--
cfraser