adamdea;683177 Wrote:
> This is the kind of reasoning which has turned this forum into bedlam
> recently. It even seems as though MCR is not the craziest solipsist in
> town.
>
> It cannot be correct that the only valid contributions are statements
> of belief in the latest DIY foo. In fact it does tend in that way
> because most people have better things to do with their time than
> interrupt other peoples conversations, however weird they may seem. But
> it it necessary in the name of balance for it to be pointed out that not
> only does it seem technically unlikely that tinkering makes a positive
> difference, but that many people have tried it and concluded that there
> was no difference.
>
> Otherwise newcomers to the forum might be under the impression that
> there was a consensus or even universal view amongst users that the SBT
> doesn't really work until all the settings have been comprehensively
> tweaked.
>
> As it is I am quite sure that many people do, quite incorrectly but
> equally understandably, get that impression.

well said!  This is the only reason that I occasionally just can't help
myself and have to call BS on some things I see posted.

--
garym

*Location 1:* VB Appliance 6TB (1.10) > LMS 7.7.1 > Transporter, Touch,
Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Location 2:* VB Appliance 3TB (2.0) > LMS 7.7.1 > Touch > Benchmark
DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.7.1 > SqueezePlay
Retired: SB3, Duet Receiver
Controllers: iPhone (iPeng), iPad (iPengHD & SqueezePad), CONTROLLER,
or SqueezePlay 7.7 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Additional Tagging - mp3tag