I didn't hear it that way - I compared SB Touch extensively against a
Linn DS.

Linn DS was typically "clinical" and sometimes "harsh".

For me the cost of acquring the Linn DS/ clunky software/ need for a
"smart" user control / phone did not equate to a sound roughly 9 times
better than the cost of acquiring SBT.

(I actually preferred the sound of the SBT / overall user experience
regardless)

I'm a big Linn fan, and use some Linn to amplify my SBT. Linn DS is
entry level equipment - their more expensive streamers are required
before you start to get into "night and day" against the SBT, as you
might expect.

Don't shoot - just my experience & feedback.

--
pandasharka