magiccarpetride;684665 Wrote:
> In scientific terminology, the activities you've described above are
> called 'fishing for results'. It's a legitimate strategy in scientific
> circles, because by doing even a random set of repeated trial-and-error
> activities, one may stumble upon empirically valid set of data. After
> that, one is advised to devise a more sober set of proper experimental
> methodology, which is what the previous poster was referring to.

I see how you might interpret what I said this way. I didn't go into
complete detail in my response, but at least in my field, experiments
without any theory-based hypothesis are not a good thing. Without the
theory as a foundation for the hypothesis being tested, I agree this
would be a fishing expedition and not valid. Sort of like most of the
tests of "tweaks" reported in this thread.  Many of the questions for
the tweakers posted here are in a sense asking for the theory
underlying the hypothesis of "different sound" being tested.

--
garym

*Location 1:* VB Appliance 6TB (1.10) > LMS 7.7.1 > Transporter, Touch,
Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Location 2:* VB Appliance 3TB (2.0) > LMS 7.7.1 > Touch > Benchmark
DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.7.1 > SqueezePlay
Retired: SB3, Duet Receiver
Controllers: iPhone (iPeng), iPad (iPengHD & SqueezePad), CONTROLLER,
or SqueezePlay 7.7 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Additional Tagging - mp3tag