magiccarpetride;684698 Wrote:
> This is because when someone calls me a moron for confessing how I do
> see a difference in the displayed colors between a stock power cable
> and a higher-grade power cable plugged into my computer, I feel
> offended. Someone is very rudely and to my face calling me a liar and
> an dishonorable person. But I truly do see the differences, at least
> I'm pretty sure I'm not making them up.
>
> But the thing is that at the same time I do not possess sufficient
> intellectual rigour required to convincingly expose why would such
> differences occur. So I'm just at the consumer end reporting my
> findings. It's like me being into wine tasting and reporting how I
> prefer year 2002 to 2001 when it comes to some particular brand of
> French Merlot; would some get upset about such opinions?
>
> Don't shoot the messenger (but they always seem to take the greatest
> pleasure in shooting the messenger?!?)

I'll have to look at that thread again, but I don't recall anyone
calling you a moron. I recall only someone questioning whether this is
really possible and maybe you are imagining the effects.  In my book,
this is very different from calling you a moron. You report a
tweak....someone says probably can't happen. Two opposite opinions
(before we even worry about the underlying theory/science, etc.). But
if you interpret that response as being equivalent to being called a
moron, this explains why you believe the messenger is being shot. I
don't at all see these as being the same.

--
garym

*Location 1:* VB Appliance 6TB (1.10) > LMS 7.7.1 > Transporter, Touch,
Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Location 2:* VB Appliance 3TB (2.0) > LMS 7.7.1 > Touch > Benchmark
DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.7.1 > SqueezePlay
Retired: SB3, Duet Receiver
Controllers: iPhone (iPeng), iPad (iPengHD & SqueezePad), CONTROLLER,
or SqueezePlay 7.7 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Additional Tagging - mp3tag