garym;684706 Wrote:
> You raise a very good question, and a difficult one to answer (a good
> answer to this question could end all this discussion!).  Some things
> are hard to validate. But many things discussed on this forum are EASY
> to test with a simple blind comparison.  e.g., Tell me how many times
> you could identify which CABLE was being used in the system out of N
> trials.  90% of the time? 50/50 (guessing). Or simply report that I
> like Cable X better in my system. If you report that Cable X gave much
> better quality audio than Cable Y, then you should be willing to report
> a simple blind test result.
>
> edit: and before anyone jumps in on this, blind tests don't have to
> take place in the format of listening to snippits of music over very
> short period. A test could be over days, weeks, months, etc.

Of course, there are the obvious questions as to the honesty of the
individual, who's monitoring the results, etc...., but I can see that
this would be a place to start should one want to, at least for some
period of time, give oneself an initial bit of "street cred".

--
rgro

Rg

System information
Main: PS Audio Quintet > Vortexbox > Touch (wired) via optical > Rega
DAC > LFD LE IV Signature amp > VA Mozart Grands > REL Acoustics R305
sub.

Home Theatre:  Duet/SBR (Wired) > Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5
Classic 5.1.

SBS 7.7.1 r33751 on a Vortexbox Appliance, V 2.0.  Touch w/Hardware
V.5.  Touch: FW 7.7.1 r9558.  Duet: FW 7.7.1 r9557.