tank121;687041 Wrote:
> Can someone please clarify, I'm sure I've read earlier in this thread
> that running these mods with an external DAC is not beneficial ?
>
> Is this correct ?
>
> I'm using my M-DAC as a pre-amp/DAC connected via coaxial to the Touch
> and rca interconnects to my amp.

You'll have read claims on both sides of that particular fence.  The
argument seems to boil down to (1) whether your DAC is tolerant of
jitter (and maybe electrical noise) on its input, and if not, (2)
whether these tweaks will improve the Touch in these areas.

Testing any of this, as per Phil's ADM tests of TT2, will be DAC
dependent, so the chances of you getting a definitive answer for your
particular setup are quite small.  As they say, let your ears be the
judge.

In my case, I feel (2) is irrelevant, because (1) is satisfied.  So I
get to keep my touch screen, I don't need to run an ethernet cable to
my Touch, I can play all radio stations without the chipmunk effect etc
etc.

--
chill