Archimago;687660 Wrote:

> Those light jazz albums, female vocal tracks are great to show off but
> I don't generally find them that revealing.  They generally will sound
> good on any decent system. When auditioning, I always bring some
> explosive classical, AC/DC or equivalent hard rock, R&B, and modern
> compressed pop to make sure they sound OK.

I think one needs to have a collection of various types of music to
test the audio gears. Female vocal may be easier to reproduce but some
gears sound better than other. I have 3 preamps (1 solid state and 2
tubes), 5 amps (2 solid states, 2 tubes, and 1 hybrid), and 4 sets of
speakers. My experience is that they all have their strength and
weakness. For example, one of my tube preamps sounds better with piano
music and the other tube preamp sounds better with violin/cello music.

--
vett93

Main system:
Source: Transporter, modded by ModWright:
http://www.modwright.com/modifications/transporter-truth-mods.php
Preamp: Dude from Tube Research Labs:
http://www.tuberesearchlabs.com/products/dude.html
Amp: NP100 Platinum from AltaVista Audio:
http://www.altavistaaudio.com/np100.html
Speakers: Alto Utopia Be from Focal-JMLab:
http://www.ultraaudio.com/equipment/focal_jmlab_alto_utopia.htm