Archimago;689959 Wrote:
> "We know these results drive engineers crazy. We would love it if
> someone could come up with a definitive explanation that could provide
> input to software developers."

I'm probably a broken record on this, but this is one of my pet peeves
with the high end subjectivists.

Apparently everything under the sun can cause audible changes -except-
their own subconscious biases. They treat their own perception as if
they were reading a number off a digital meter with an accuracy of 20
places to the right of the decimal.

But if you bring the subject of bias up, they look at you as if you're
talking about voodoo. -They- have mastered their biases and couldn't
possibly be misled by such a base human frailty.

Me? I love listening to music, but my perceptions are always somewhat
different with every listening session. Some days, clarity and realism
are near perfect. Sometimes it just sounds a bit off. However, I don't
think my stereo is having a bad day. The odds are far more likely it's
me.

Always interesting around these parts.

--
mlsstl