Soulkeeper;690179 Wrote:
> Same here. No outboard DAC.
>
> I also tend to tweak my stuff, to save money and to get better sound,
> and for the sheer joy of it. But I still haven't seen a TT mod that
> makes me crave trying it out. ;) There are probably plenty TT mods that
> affect the sound on the analog outputs, and some of them perhaps for the
> better. But I don't feel the need to tweak and tweak on this one
> component, considering that I would probably get better value for my
> time by tweaking my amp and/or speakers. (I did remove the Touch's
> output caps, though.)
>
> And tweaking the server for the purpose of improving the sound? That's
> just silly. You won't see me wasting time on that. (Now Inguz and other
> server-side processing tools actully -have the capacity- to affect the
> sound, so that's a different story.)

That's great to hear!  I was beginning to think I was the only one.  I
think it sounds pretty good too.

Unless you take some measurements from the listening position and
adjusting errant frequencies due to peaks, I think the Inguz or
something like a behringer feedback destroyer would do more than
modding the Touch too much..  Or as you stated upgrade speakers, etc.

My home theater has flattened frequencies this way (BFD) and the
listening experience is much more balanced and enjoyable.  My stereo
setup that includes the SBT, is a floor above and although the
components are superior, I find I may need some acoustic treatment or
room eq to make it on the same level (as if my wife would go for that
twice in one house..ha).  Difference comparing a large family room with
bare walls and hardwood floors, to a medium sized home theater,
carpeted, acoustic panels, and a BFD is quite something.

--
Munroe