I have no idea where this thread is going.  From the average joe
perspective, I perhaps mistakenly assumed after stumbling onto a post
about the TT3.0 tweaks, the SBT may give me an option to bypass the
need for an expensive DAC like Benchmark etc.  Assumption compounded by
the audiophile advertising for the Touch.  Perhaps there should be a
disclaimer stating audio improvements only realized after throwing
>$1000 at a separate DAC and/or hardware upgrades.

Apparently, no one purchasing the Touch uses the unit self contained,
so most conversations turn to arguing results in conjunction with this
DAC or that DAC, which is hard to filter through any information of
value regarding the analog outs (which would be of some value as you
have a constant to go up against)..  If TT3.0 eliminates most of the
interference or whatever makes digital sound so digital, why the need
for a DAC that does essentially the same thing?  Or vice versa, if
sinking a grand into a DAC works so well, why bother tweaking?   167
pages and not a consensus yet.  At some point one is just splitting
hairs.

Perhaps I am going at this from a different perspective.  I entertain
tweaking to have the best sound and save money, while it appears others
are still searching for El Dorado.

Not judging, just saying people have different "priorities".  ;)

--
Munroe