Richard Reid;690843 Wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am now the happy owner of a Squeezebox Touch and invested in an Audio
> GD 3.1 DAC to hopefully get my hifi sounding pretty sweet. Unfortunately
> no instructions come with the Audio GD DAC and I am wondering what the
> best connection for sound quality would be from the Touch to the DAC.
> There is the option of a toslink optical connection, rca conection or
> coaxial digital connection (SPDIF I think ??).
>
> Does anyone have any recomendations on the best audio connection and
> cable type for this setup ? The DAC came with an optical cable which I
> have read is a bit average in quality. I have also read a few brief
> comments stating that optical connections are not the best option for
> audio. Any advice ?
>
> In regard to the connection from the Touch to my NAD analogue amp - is
> there much difference in sound between rca cables ? What is a resonable
> set worth ?
>
> Thanks
> Richard

Instead of accepting that the optical cable is average on someone
else's say so why not try it for yourself?
You might be surprised.

As far as analogue interconnects go it depends on how much you like
parting with your money.
I make my own using shielded dual core cable, and connect the screen at
the source end only.
Costs me around £20 in parts.

A number of members here use Blue Jeans cables.

Chris :)

--
Stratmangler

There is no element of personal attack in my response.