item_audio;693320 Wrote:
> Little disagreement between us: philosophically/scientifically entering
> Gödel territory, I don't feel quite the certainty you do about
> 'possible causes', but I agree the digital argument for asynchronous
> storage and data transfer currently looks chinkless.
>
> However there's a clear line to be drawn between literally asynchronous
> 'storage' and live, dynamic playback. The former is a two-dimensional,
> linear, predictable system that's very easily quantified. The latter is
> a chaotic, intermodulating 'four dimensional' system that's very hard to
> quantify. Which is exactly how I draw the line between the credible and
> the unlikely: storage is storage (ie, bits are bits), but any
> modification of the realtime playback environment is likely to affect
> performance and/or  perception of it.
>
> The distinction between digital and analog is also (generally)
> misleadingly overstated, which promotes a number of urban myths.
>
> And I joined the party some time ago that takes issue with Benchmark's
> claims that their DAC is 'perfect'. “Obviously the digital side is
> perfect” is a classic setup for a fall, and makes the average digital
> designer weep into his beer with mirth. All manner of stuff prejudices
> a DAC1's performance - but maybe we're in a position to have thrown
> more toys at it than most.
>
> But yes, definitely, all this transport malarkey is less influential
> that gross aspects of the system such as transducers and room
> interaction.

I think you must be confusing Godel with someone else. The
incompleteness theorems essentially say that any formal system capable
of expressing arithmetic are capable of encoding liar sentences.

This basically means that there does not exist a formal language which
is capable of characterizing the truth of its own statements. This was
more or less the death knell of a major part of logical postivism.

The has absolutely no bearing on anything to do with this discussion. I
guess I'll chalk up your Godel reference to you pseudo-intellectuality
and move on.

--
totoro

sb touch -> classdaudio sds-450 -> audio physic tempo 4 + rel storm 3 &
rythmik f12se