rgro;694891 Wrote:
> This certainly may well be a reason to purchase an HD type recording but
> at least we can now be clear that we're purchasing it for the mastering
> skills of the engineers and not for any real advantage given by higher
> sampling rates or bit depths.
Imagine a HD version sounds indeed better because it was less
compressed. The company will argue they can´t offer less compressed
versions because the CD media is to limited but with 24/192 they can.
This is nonsense and i hope more and more peole will get it!

I´d even go so far to call CD versions that obviously don´t sound as
good as the HD release while they are from the same version as BROKEN
and a valid reason to send them back.

--
Wombat

Transporter (modded) -> RG142 -> Avantgarde Acoustic based 500VA
monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 -> self-made speakers