Changing the psu on the router and the access point seem to have made
rather a nice improvement :-)  Cheers Soundcheck for the tip!!!

Got me thinking, what about my old clapped out pc that is running as
the server, all that mechanical and electrical noise, vibrations and
smps etc...  This is where the tunes initiate from ;-)  if a new psu
for a router makes a difference would not a new psu for the pc.. anyone
played/tweeked the pc server ?

Just put some vib draining feet under the old pc and it seems to have
made a nice difference, rather supprised and pleased, placebo or not
they are staying :-)

Any more suggestions for tweeks appreciated.

Cheers
DC

--
Deaf Cat