darrell;696991 Wrote:
> Whereas you are so engrossed with the music that you are able to
> distinguish "core parking" (only 4 out of 10) from "irq priority
> setting" (5 out of 10)?
>
> Listen - your point has been made. It's here in this thread,
> uncensored. All was quiet and peaceful until you piped up again - I
> fear that you should look closer to home if you want to find the troll.

He seems to have other issues besides trolling or maybe it is exactly
that :-/

Early on he has some misconception that the audio
drivers/settings/whatnot on the serving machine is involved when using
squeezeboxes they are of-course involved when using the computers own
soundcard ot attached USB soundcard . A lot of posting links to
irrelevant information on how to tweak you -computer- for better sound
.

But that's not how squeezeboxes work .I's not a soundcard and can not
suffer the same issues

Any misguided but non troll person would maybe admitted that they where
a itsy bity tiny bit wrong and suggested other tweaks more tuned to OS
load and networking stability etc these would not work for other
reasons well explained in the tread, but at least be involved in the
actual streaming .

To others that don't have the energy to wade trough this muck .

As long as the buffer in the player is not empty there is no problem
the data has no history it could have arrived by scrolls attached to
pigeons and hand tapped into the screen or by the network .

It's like a puzzle if I send you a puzzle and tell you to finished it
by Monday. If you done that there is no way for anyone to figure how it
was put together you can not see on a finished puzzle which piece was
put in first and the next one and so forth .

Thats how tcpip works (by bad analogy sorry) this is asynchronous data
transfer much like downloading from internet, if you ever used a
torrent client you can actually see the puzzle being built :) some
software has a piece view .
When the file is finally put together it is no telling that it ever was
separated into tiny chunks , it's just there no history of it's origin
coded into it .

--
Mnyb

sub.