NoRoDa;699102 Wrote:
> Your two personalities really should have different usernames in here
> ;)
>
> The thrill of blind testing differences is that you don't have to think
> about things like "is it possible" or the bias in your brain telling you
> what to hear when you know what is playing.
>
> Give it a shot :)

While I agree with you, I think it really gets quite tricky to conduct
a valid blind test. There are so many cues hanging in the air during
the execution of the tests, many of which may even be subliminal, and
the test subjects seem very good at picking those cues and
incorporating them into their 'findings'. I think only a very carefully
engineered and executed double-blind test, conducted by trained
personnel under strictly controlled conditions, could really give us
the true picture. What are the odds that anyone on this forum could
ever afford to perform such tests?

--
magiccarpetride