MediaCenter wrote:
> What I was hoping for is if someone can connect their DEQ2496 in a
> digital loop and connect any digital source to TP to see if switching
> digital input keeps the loop intact. You have clarified quite a few
> things, but as you said they are not factual. Do you see any hope here?
> may be a firmware update request?
I'm afraid I am out of ideas. You clearly understand the issues
involved. Now it's a matter of finding the device(s) that will do the
job for you - and as I said earlier, I haven't tried doing any of this.

One thing I am 99.9% certain of is that you won't see a TP firmware
upgrade to support this. The TP is end-of-life and I doubt there will be
any more firmware versions unless someone discovers a serious bug that
has to be fixed.