Jeff Flowerday wrote:
> SBGK why don't you do the following:
>
> Introduce a quality Asynchronous USB to SPDIF converter that is
> compatible with the EDO applet to your system.   You'll basically be
> taking all these supposed issues with your server and touch completely
> out of the picture.
>
> Asynchronous means it won't matter what the touch is doing, the data
> will get delivered via USB as needed and the device will completely
> reclock the data prior to sending it to your DAC.  If there are any
> issues with USB data delivery to the device, the audio will kick out, no
> second guessing.  If there is audio it's been perfectly reclocked.
>
> Galvanized isolation at the USB port leaves the ground plane noise that
> might be created by the touch at the touch.
>
> They come in true 75 ohm BNC and RCA format.
>
> There are many options, some even have lower stock jitter numbers than
> the touch.  Just have to make sure they are standard Class 2 USB Audio
> devices and work with linux natively.
>

> You could then take your Touch and unwrap it from it's tinfoil, remove
> it from the sandwich container, turn the screen back on, put it back
> togethor.  Can you imagine?  You could un-castrate your server and let
> it do other things.
>
> Best of all you can just listen to the music and not be willy nilly
> changing random parameters all day long.
>

> Just a suggestion, for your sanity and maybe just a little bit of ours.

well, one reason is that I would have to spend $2000 on an Empirical
Audio offramp to better the sound I have with the settings I have with
the Touch. As you have never tried my settings I presume you are
speaking from ignorance and making a cheap jibe to get a quick laugh
from your cotterie.

So  Jeff, why the need for personal attacks on my efforts to improve the
sound of the Touch ?