Hello,

I have owned a duet + receiver for a couple of years, the duet being
connected direct to a NAS which serves the music utilising LMS. In
recent times the duet controller has become superfluous as the Logitech
remote app on smart phones is a better solution.
I wouldn’t say I am thrilled with the quality of Audio I get with the
receiver connected (analog) direct to my amp and this has led me to
investigate upgrading the DAC.

What I cannot understand is why one needs/wants a Logitech type device
at all? My NAS has Twonky media server to serve music, which can
controlled via smartphone remote app. Surely the NAS can serve the music
direct to a DAC connected to my amp, i.e. why the need for a Logitech
device in the chain at all? I am confused as I see a lot of talk about
connecting a Logitech device to a DAC etc but cant understand why you
would want to put this additional piece of “kit” in the chain.

Any clarification appreciated.

Regards,