I am considering a NAS instead of using my PC since I would like to be
able to play music without having my laptop/PC turned on.

At one forum I read someone saying that the sound from a PC/Mac based
system was better (less jitter, I expect) than when running from a NAS
or USB HDD to the SB Touch.
>From my point of view a difference (if any) regarding jitter using a NAS
vs. a PC would be that the CPU speed and perhaps RAM speed of the PC is
higher and thus timing of the data stream could be more precise.
However, I am no computer engineer and there could be many factors that
make this much more complex than just this.

I would like _those_who_have_experience_ with both types of setup to
chime in on this - _especially_if_you_have_high_end_audio_gear_.
I would also like those with deeper technical expertise to comment on
any theoretical/technical explanations for any (or no) difference.

My chain in the digital domain is as follows at the moment:
FLAC files on an external HDD connected through eSATA to my (Windows)
laptop running Logitech Media Server - ethernet - SB Touch (Fidelity
Audio digital hardware mod) - Audio-gd Ref 7.1 DAC.
I would like to change this to: Files on a NAS running LMS - ethernet -
SBT - DAC.

Above all:
Please don't start a general discussion regarding jitter. Let's assume,
that jitter does play a role in digital audio.
However, I am open to experiences of no difference between using a NAS
and a PC. In fact, I actually hope that there is no difference.