RonM wrote:
> So the question is why you or anyone else needs anything other than the
> SB device DAC (aside from the headphone amp).  I suspect the Touch, and
> certainly the TP, is superior to the $200 China-made DAC.
>
> R.

For me, I have a DAC/headphone amp because the MacBook Pro's audio out
is inadequate to drive my HD800. Also, the Mac's audio output is audibly
more noisy thus not good enough of a match with the Sennheiser when I
listen thru the computer.

I have a TP because I can afford it and it looks cool :-). Sure, I do
believe the TP's output is measurably better than the $200 job with the
oscilloscope, but I haven't reliably been able to hear it...