On Friday I listened to a custom DAC that employs the Sabre chip in a
friend's setup - we both own TP's and I've listened to his setup on
numerous occasions.  The TP was used as transport and I was blown away
by the soundstage and the detail resolved by this DAC. I'd already
switched to a PS Audio Digital Link III, but will definitely be moving
to this custom DAC when the design is finalised. The TP is no slouch,
but you can do better these days where DACs are concerned. It makes for
a great transport if you're not planning on playing back > 24/96.