davidismynaim wrote:
> Hi
> Would like to know how you find the sound you get with the SBT/M-DAC
> compared to your old transporter with its internal DAC. I assume you
> have made these changes for the good? would be very interested in
> knowing your impressions the good and the bad.
> thanks
> David
I HATED the TP's DAC, it is very cold and sterile to me , I had it in a
headphone system and in my main system and really didn't shine on any
music. I was already on a DAC quest before I sold it.
The MDAC is very good , however it has 7 filters you can use which all
change the sound so there is a choice of sonic signatures , the
overriding qualities are that it presents with a huge soundstage and a
sense of "clarity" , without being etched or hyperdetailed , bass is
very good with lots of extension and control .
I think my TP/MDAC combo at 1/2 the price I paid for the TP is better
sounding and offers me more utility.