golfingrodders wrote:
> JULF
>
> A good point but I don't think that there were duplicated IP addresses.
> Usually my problem from time to time with duplication stems from my IMAC
> being duplicated which is a complete PITA. Strange thing today, I moved
> my SB3 alongside my Transporter, set up an ethernet connection from the
> same source as used for the TP and it worked so line connection and data
> from router OK. I then reconnected my TP by ethernet and it now works!,
> but, this has happened before last week so there is definately something
> untoward happening. I suppose that allocating a fixed IP address may be
> worth trying so as to eliminate possibility of duplication but I'm no
> technical expert and am not sure how to do this on my Netgear router.
>
> thanks for the input
>
> Rod

actually fixed IP can be done directly from the TRANSPORTER. In the
network setup on transporter itself there is a option to manually assign
IP. You'll want to login to your router just to find out what the router
is setup to do for assigning DHCP IP addresses. For example, mine hands
out addresses from .100 to .254.  So if your router is 192.168.1.1, then
you'd do this for the transporter fixed IP:

IP:  192.168.001.25  (the .25 could be anything above 1 and below the
point where your router hands out IP addresses, mine is .100)
Subnet:  255.255.255.000
Gateway:  192.168.001.001
DNS:  192.168.001.001