garym wrote:
> ABX Component for Foobar2000 can automate ABX comparisons.
Sorry for straying off-topic, but I have a question about foobar2000's
ABX. It works great, but only for doing ABX using the computer running
foobar2k, which isn't a great help when I want to compare on a decent
hifi system. Using a pedestrian Y-adapter from the computer's sound card
to the preamp puts the comparison at the mercy of the computer's sound
card, which is not a pretty picture, at least with my current laptops.
And I haven't made the leap to an external DAC that would work off a
computer's USB port.

Does anyone have a good setup they can recommend for using foobar's ABX
on a real sound system?