ralphpnj wrote:
> Not to mention some of the choices for what recordings get the high
> resolution audiophile treatment which is more often than not merely a
> question of licensing. There are quite a few audiophile releases which
> leave me scratching my head wondering what makes this POS worthy of an
> audiophile release?
LOL! And more fun is to watch people reporting superior sound with these
Hires versions all the time, no matter how shitty it really sounds.
Seems like the group of people that always claim "I need no numbers, i
listen with my ears" are most easy to impress with numbers when it comes
to BIT²/kHz³ :)
One thing that poped in my ears lately is Patricia Barbers Smash. I like
her for the cold cool way she presents her stuff. Lately on a HDtracks
promotional forum one asked for it, like with almost all new releases
from there and the common sense of cause was positive only. The number
24/192 can´t sound bad. In reality i didn´t listen an album suffering
that much of sibilance in some songs. Almost annoying. Some de-esser
could have done wonders. Strangely within several comments no one
recognized that. Must be to hard to hear for audiophiles i guess...