SoftwireEngineer wrote:
> BTW, surely the look/price of the definitely influences your perception
> of the sound. I do think though that a heavy case work is essential to
> avoid vibration induced effects, but it does not have to be too
> pricey/cosmetic'ky (like Jeff Rowland's).

Here's a question: while it is very true that vibration induced effects
have an adverse effect on loudspeakers has anyone proved that vibration
induced effects can even be heard, much less have an adverse effect, on
equipment like amplifiers and preamplifiers. Perhaps this chase to
eliminate all micro-vibrations is similar to the jitter reduction chase.
So for example one could run a DBT using two identical  power amps where
one is sitting in its heavy duty aircraft quality case and the other is
just a bare bones chassis. And one could also do all kinds of
measurements on each amp. I bet the results would be very interesting.