I have experienced two moments of pure magic in audio ... both on CD.
This doesn't prove anything.

Believing vinyl is superior is like believing the earth is flat, really.
That your experience is the opposite isn't a problem, and I can very
well believe it, because mastering is far more important. Just go onto
DR database and you can see the first vinyl pressing of Abbey Road is
significantly more dynamic than ANY digital version in the database
including Mofi, Japanese imports or any other.

Then again, for many other albums even the standard digital version is
great.

There is no magic going on here, it has been explained that mastering is
the key.
Darren