Peter Galbavy wrote:
> the customers reviews for the (in)famous Denon Link cable are wonderful
> to read:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AKDL1-Dedicated-Link-Cable/dp/B000I1X6PM
>
> Yes, it is just a piece of shielded Cat5e cable with Denon printed on
> it. For $500.

As funny as most of these "reviews" are, it really is sad since these
reviews just show how most non-audiophiles view audiophiles and their
ridiculous toys. Nonetheless I am still sorely tempted to try this
wonderful product based solely on this review:

"Horrified, June 20, 2008
By Deviant
This review is from: Denon AKDL1 Dedicated Link Cable (Electronics)
Me and my brother chose to listen chose Captain Beefhearts 'Trout Mask
Replica' after setting up this cable with our Denon Home Theatre
System....."

I've listened to Trout Mask Replica hundreds of times over these past 40
years in may different mental states but I never experienced anything
like what is described in the above review. Maybe those audiophile
reviewers are onto something that we skeptics are simply unaware of.
Transdimensional Beefheart - what a concept!

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos