I wanted everyone here at the Squeezebox user forums to be the first
know that these brand new and literally amazing USB cables. Now I know
many of you are wondering why Squeezebox users, most of whom stream
their music files to their Squeezebox devices either wirelessly or via
Ethernet, would care about USB cables. Okay let's face it Logitech has
abandoned the Squeezebox product line and sooner or later all of us will
be listening to our music files using a Mac mini connected via a USB
cable to an asynchronous DAC so a high quality USB cable is in your
future. With that in mind let me tell you a little about these amazing
new USB cables!

As I'm sure all of you know there are many different digital audio file
formats but up until now there has only been one type of USB cable. The
new Piltdown series of USB cables does away with that old, stale
paradigm and introduces three radically different USB cables with each
cable uniquely designed to handle a specific type of digital audio
file.

At the low end of the Piltdown line is the C cable which is made for use
with all compressed file formats, such as mp3. The C cable's design
works to pre-uncompress the data so that the DAC's work load is deceased
and the DAC is then capable of extracting every last musical detail from
the data stream. Remember I did state that these new cable are an
amazing breakthrough!!

In the middle of the Piltdown line is the L cable which has been
designed for use with all types of standard resolution lossless digital
audio files. As with the C cables the L cables pre-uncompress the data
but do so at a the much higher rate required for lossless data files.

And finally for the true connoisseur there is the cost no object
Piltdown HR cable. This special cable has been carefully designed to
handle the demands of high resolution digital audio files. These files
contain massive amounts of data and the HR cable can handle these
advanced data rates with room to spare!

The pricing for the amazing Piltdown USB cables as not yet been set but
will available shortly. Please watch for the upcoming announcement.

Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. &
sub
Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1
& Energy sub
Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos