ralphpnj wrote:
> I wanted everyone here at the Squeezebox user forums to be the first
> know that these brand new and literally amazing USB cables. Now I know
> many of you are wondering why Squeezebox users, most of whom stream
> their music files to their Squeezebox devices either wirelessly or via
> Ethernet, would care about USB cables. Okay let's face it Logitech has
> abandoned the Squeezebox product line and sooner or later all of us will
> be listening to our music files using a Mac mini connected via a USB
> cable to an asynchronous DAC so a high quality USB cable is in your
> future. With that in mind let me tell you a little about these amazing
> new USB cables!
>
> As I'm sure all of you know there are many different digital audio file
> formats but up until now there has only been one type of USB cable. The
> new Piltdown series of USB cables does away with that old, stale
> paradigm and introduces three radically different USB cables with each
> cable uniquely designed to handle a specific type of digital audio
> file.
>
> At the low end of the Piltdown line is the C cable which is made for use
> with all compressed file formats, such as mp3. The C cable's design
> works to pre-uncompress the data so that the DAC's work load is deceased
> and the DAC is then capable of extracting every last musical detail from
> the data stream. Remember I did state that these new cable are an
> amazing breakthrough!!
>
> In the middle of the Piltdown line is the L cable which has been
> designed for use with all types of standard resolution lossless digital
> audio files. As with the C cables the L cables pre-uncompress the data
> but do so at a the much higher rate required for lossless data files.
>
> And finally for the true connoisseur there is the cost no object
> Piltdown HR cable. This special cable has been carefully designed to
> handle the demands of high resolution digital audio files. These files
> contain massive amounts of data and the HR cable can handle these
> advanced data rates with room to spare!
>
> The pricing for the amazing Piltdown USB cables as not yet been set but
> will available shortly. Please watch for the upcoming announcement.

"all of us will be listening to our music files using a Mac"

?????

Why the f.... that? Not me....

Callesoroe
Living room: Transporter, Tact RCS 2.2X digital preamp, Martin Logan
Vista speakers, AMPS(Icepower): Acoustic Reality Ear Enigma
PLUS(PANELS), Acoustic Reality Ear TWO MKII(Bas)
Kitchen: SB-duet, Beresford TC7510 DAC, Prodipe Pro 5 active bi-amp
speakers.